The tariffs are set by the Government of Bhutan through Tourism Council of Bhutan, and it is valid for all-inclusive packages. The travel period in Bhutan is classed under two levels. The high season (March, April, May, September, October, November), and Low Season (January, February, June, July, August, December).
1. For tourists visiting in a group of 3 or more, the government of Bhutan has fixed a minimum daily tariff of US$ 250 per person per night in high season and USD 200 per person on low season. The Minimum tariff includes following.
Accommodation in a government approved hotels on twin-sharing basis,
AP food plan (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner),
Transportation throughout Bhutan with a dedicated & experienced driver,
Licensed English speaking guide for the entire period of the tour,
All site seeing indicated in the itinerary,
All government taxes including government royalty,
Trekking equipment & assistants, if applicable,
Route permits and special permits, if applicable,
Entrance fee in monument and museums, &
Daily tea, snacks & refreshments as mentioned in he tour plan (if applicable)
2. Apart from the above rates the following additional surcharges is added on the minimum rate quoted above.
FIT surcharge (Surcharge are charges additional to the minimum daily tariff)
i. Single Traveler: US$ 40 per night
ii. Two Travelers: US$ 30 per person per night
iii. Three and More: waived off for three and more travelers
Your total cost will work out as follows in low season.
• US$ 240 per night for single person
• US$ 230 per night per person for two people
• US$ 200 per night for three or more people
3. The minimum daily tariff does not include the following:
• Visa processing charges
• Rescue by Helicopter
• Travel Insurance
• Personal Expenses (shopping, drinking, tipping, hotel laundry, telecommunication charges)
• Wire transfer charges while remitting the tour payment from your bank.
• Up gradation of rooms/hotels standards above what is specified in the itinerary
• Room Supplements
4. Once your desired tour is confirmation with Restful Bhutan Tours and Travel, you can wire transfer the fund to our bank (Bhutan National Bank) through these banks. A Bhutan visa can only be applied upon remittance of the fund. Tourism council of Bhutan due to their particular interest in government taxes strictly monitors all monetary transaction between the clients and the agents. The bank details will be sent to you respectively depending upon your location.
Your desired tour package with Restful Bhutan Tours and Travel will be booked and confirmed as soon as the tour payment is remitted.
Luxury hotels in Bhutan
The Aman Resort, Uma Paro, Zhiwaling Hotel, Taj Tashi and Terima Linca are the only hotels extending five-star service and accommodation facilities. As the minimum government tariff does not include accommodation arrangement in 5-star hotels, an arrangement can be made for you to stay in these properties at an additional surcharge.
The discounts stated below can be applied in the tariff depending on the cases discussed below
• Children of 5 years and below is entitled to free government fees
• 50 % discount in government fee applies to children of 6-12 years
• Full-time students below the age of 25 are given a 25% discount on government fee (evidence required)
• 50% discount on the minimum daily tariff is applied to one person in a group of 11-15 persons
• 100% discount on the minimum daily tariff is given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons
• Travel agents aspiring to include Bhutan as one of their destination may apply for familiarization discount, subjected to approval from Tourism council of Bhutan after verification of the company’s profile